Alpha Industries L-2B Sage Green
Want that classic bomber jacket look without the bulk? The L-2B Scout is your answer. Inspired by the classic L-2B we produced for the military, this lightweight variation features a matte nylon shell with a nylon lining that is reversible to Emergency Orange (with the exception of the Vintage White color way). It delivers breathability and water resistance for the warmer temperatures of spring.
- The L2B Scout has two snap-closure hand pockets and two interior pockets with snap closure.
- It features Alpha’s signature zippered utility/pencil pocket with “Remove Before Flight” keychain on the sleeve.
- Rib knit collar, cuffs and waistband
- Matte black zipper with metal aluminum teeth
- No fill
- Standard fit
- Machine wash cold with like colors. Use non-chlorine bleach if needed. Tumble dry low. Do not iron or dry clean.
The L-2B flight jacket was introduced in the early 1950s for use in light temperature zones (50 to 86 degrees F). Initially the bomber was only used by the U.S. Air Force which is why the USAF insignia was put on the sleeve. The flight jacket went through many specification updates including the removal of the oxygen tab, snap tabs and epaulets, along with the USAF logo as the jacket was eventually adopted by the Navy and other branches of the armed forces. The L-2B was replaced by the CWU-36/P in the 1970s although some ground crews and USAF personnel continued to wear it into the 1990s. Alpha’s first DOD contract for the L-2B was in 1960 and continued until 1994. In the 1970’s Alpha made the L-2B for the commercial market but put the epaulets back on and added the Navy color.